Friday, October 08, 2010

A Journey to the East: Montreal

On the weekend of Sept. 25th, I flew to Montreal to meet my friends Stephen and Catherine Huddart, their future rowing star son Kaj, and their future film making sensation John. My first evening in town, we feasted at Madre. Although never mentioned in this video, I had the cod. The chef is from Peru and a celebrity in Montreal. Previously, he had worked at Daniel, a restaurant I'd visit a few days later in New York. Quinoa has to be one of greatest ingredients of all time. Only the 2nd Peruvian place I've eaten in, after the place on Lake Geneva our friends took us to in 2002, where I had my first Pisco Sour. Stephen had once had a business in Peru, a country whose name seems to be asking you as question. They may have forgotten the secrets of the Incas, but they still know how to make great food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home