Saturday, May 21, 2005

Happy Trails

My first trip east in 41 years. Hopefully the next trip won't be another 41 years in the future.
Elayne has even more pics from the NY part of my trip, including my meeting with her comic book people, at her blog in the May archives. From the exquisite veal, duck and pork the Petries prepared until the well-limed Grouper at TGIFridays in the Dallas airport on the way back to Vancouver, and the Manhattan Clam Chowder in Penn Station awaiting my train back to DC, I ate well. Also read a hilarious book Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson, while on the train. I found Bill's latest book A Short History of Nearly Everything in the Dallas Airport bookstore, and although it lacked the comedy of the Small Island, it had a passage about Mason and Dixon, whom I discovered in the Pyncheon novel I acquired in the LA airport last month. Unexpected continuities are usally a good thing, in travelling and in stillness.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Leonard said...

I love the logic of airlines connections. New York to Vancouver by way of Dallas. It's a good thing you weren't going to Boston; they might've routed you through Mexico City.

I envy the trip. It looks like people and fine times.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Leonard said...

That was supposed to read, "good people and fine times."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home